A Guide to Fusing, Slumping and Kilnforming Glass
Whether you're a newcomer to fusing and slumping or an experienced glass artist, this book is an invaluable guide to developing and improving your skills. Complete with over 200 full color photos.
Features techniques and processes for:
- Basic fusing and slumping projects
- Information on materials for fusing and slumping, from kilns to molds to types of glass and essential safety equipment
- Instructions for compatibility testing and annealing, including firing schedules for fusing, slumping and kiln casting
- Information on more advanced techniques, such as inclusions, pattern bars, reactive glass, pot and wire melts, combing and using drop rings and floral formers
- An introduction to kiln casting
- Hundreds of tips and suggestions.