Our etched glass should be cut on the non-etched (back) side. It may be cut on the etched side if it has been fired etched side down on the kiln shelf to ~1350 degrees first.
Dichroic or Iridescent Etched Glass
- May be clear capped or uncapped.
- Fire etched side down for a matte finish.
- Fire etched side up for a glossy finish. This is dependant upon the top temperature reached. A fire polishing temperature for your kiln will result in a beautifully glossy finish.
Luminescent Etched Glass
- Do not cap with clear.
- Must be fired ETCHED SIDE DOWN ON FIBER PAPER or on a powdered fiber kiln shelf for first full fuse or the coating will burn off.
- May be fired again, etched side up, to less than 1400 degrees.
**Remember that every kiln is different, so the temperatures given are for reference purposes only.
Do you love saving Money? We love helping you.
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about our weekly specials.
We will send you fusing tips and useful industry information too.